Group Leader Overview
Simplicity Parenting Group Leader
What is a Simplicity Parenting Group Leader?
- Group Leaders offer group gatherings and workshops to parents in their local communities on the themes of Kim John Payne’s book Simplicity Parenting.
- Group Leaders are part of a growing international movement to support parents in protecting their families from the stresses of modern life
- You may or may not be a parent yourself
- You may or may not be a Care Professional or Coach
- You have a deep desire to help families, parents and children
Benefits of Training as a Certified Simplicity Parenting Group Leader
- Deepen your own understanding and practice of Simplicity Parenting
- Receive expert tuition and materials to develop skills as a Group Leader
- Receive support for marketing and promotion after the training
- Ongoing mentor support after the training
- Access to the international community of Group Leaders for colleagueship
- Confidence to build a niche and income stream for yourself in your community
Training materials and certification
Training participants receive a copy of The Simplicity Parenting© Leader Manual and Parent Handbook with 7 instructional CD’s, and a Certificate of Training.
Davina Muse is our director of Training and Certification. She teaches the trainings and is happy to answer questions
Simplicity Parenting operates out of the understanding that parents are the best experts on their own families. Group Leaders support them in reconnecting to their own values, and then designing small do-able changes that will help their family lives be more aligned with those values.
GROUP LEADER TRAINING
The content of our Group Leader Training includes:
- In-depth training in working with groups and the four layers of simplicity.
- Gaining familiarity with the materials for use in groups and workshops
- Role-playing leading your fellow participants through sections of the 7 group gatherings
- An opportunity to model your trainer in how to transition your group through the course material.
- Designing and enacting small simplicity changes in your own life.
- Time to share and connect with others who have a passion for this work.
- Skill-building in guiding families toward their own goals for more simplicity.
We offer two ways to become a Simplicity Parenting Group Leader
1. On-site 2.5 day Group Leader Training
Advantages of the On-Site Training:
· More “we-feeling” is built in a local community
· More role-plays are possible during the training
· Shorter, more intense, face-to-face attendance-learning time
2. Distance Learning Training
Advantages of the Distance Learning Training:
· No need to travel
· Learning is spread over 10-16 weeks
· National and International community
Tuition for both the Distance Learning and the 2.5 day onsite trainings training offered by The Center For Social Sustainability is $980.
Early Bird Tuition is $880; check the training schedule for Early Bird dates).
Tuition is payable to The Center for Social Sustainability.
Please complete our on-line registration form. Participants are encouraged to register at least three weeks before the training since there can be a limited number of openings in each training and there are materials to complete prior to the training start date.