Simplicity Parenting for Care Professionals
Help families build resiliency in their children
- Improve specialized treatment and/or care effectiveness by helping to bring balance and calm to child’s home life
- Enrich your professional practice with new theory and skills
Simplicity Parenting is a multi-layered, systems approach for decreasing cumulative stress in children’s and families’ lives. Research has shown that this comprehensive approach, based on the work and highly acclaimed book Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne, M.Ed., is effective in addressing and decreasing a range of clinical and subclinical symptoms, including attention difficulties, hyperactivity, impulsivity, anxiety, difficulties with sleep, and a host of stress-related behavioral and emotional symptoms.
The Simplicity Parenting paradigm, along with its growing international movement, provides families with an accessible, empowering framework and practical solutions for establishing a values-led lifestyle that supports healthy social-emotional development and strong family relationships. The model also offers parents and care professionals a unique and fresh perspective on various ‘disorders’ and symptoms, one that highlights and builds on children’s underlying strengths and capacities, and enhances children’s growing ability for self-regulation.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the theory and research that informs Simplicity Parenting
- Define the concept of Soul Fever, and name the four steps for alleviating it
- Name and describe the four realms for Simplifying
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Simplicity Parenting Change Process and develop skills in guiding clients through it in an effective manner.
- Review childhood brain development: how do cognitive limits and emerging capacities relate to Simplicity Parenting?
- Identify two ways Simplicity Parenting affects discipline
- Appreciate the applicability of Simplicity Parenting theory, practice, exercises, and group work in the Care Professionals field.
The training is offered in both On-Site LINK to WI announcement on CP page and Distance-Learning link to registration formats.
- $100 without CEU’s
- $130 with 6 NASW approved CEU’s
NASW* approved CEU’s for Care Professionals
- An easy way to gather 6 CEU’s!
* NASW CEU’s are accepted by the majority of care professional licensing boards. Please check that your particular licensing board will accept NASW certificates.
Technology: Telephone (Free conference call) and computer for looking at downloaded PDF files during the class.
Three 2-Hour Tele-Classes
Distance Learning Opportunities for Care Professionals include three 2-hour tele-classes. Workshops are availalable during all of the months listed below. Simply select the month of your choice when you register.
To register for Tele-Classes, Please Click Here
For questions regarding this workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org